09 June 2006

smart bird

Seeing this clip of 'Einstein' reminded me of something that happened to me years ago.

I was working down in Aylesbury for a few days, and decided to venture out into the countryside to find a nice pub where I could have a meal. I found a cracking pub in Aston Abbotts, went inside and waited at the bar. There was no-one about, but I thought I could hang on for a minute and wait for someone.

A very polite voice from behind the bar said "Good evening, what can I get you?". I whirled round, but there was no-one there. Then it said again "Good evening, what can I get you?" so I peered round one of the pillars and there, in a case was a lovely parrot. I started giggling. Just then, the barman appeared and told me that the parrot always greeted the customers.

It was a lovely pub and a lovely meal.

No comments: