05 June 2006

Fylde Bike Night

What a cracking night I've had tonight. Nice ride out to the Fylde Bike Night at Lytham St. Annes, a fish & chip supper and a laugh with my mates. Whilst waiting for the others to get to the meeting point, I got chatted up by a teenage chav in a Fiesta , which amused me no end.

When Ian got to the meeting point, I noticed something in his back tyre. It was a screw, and the tyre was slowing going soft, although judging by the stickiness of it, Ian hadn't been taking his time to get there. He was mightily pissed off and managed to limp it home. In the meantime, we set off, having to stop half way for Darren to retrieve his numberplate which went AWOL at Wrea Green. The rest of the trip was without incident.

There were some bloody nice bikes out there, but I didn't manage to get a proper picture of the Royal Enfield cos the bloke rode off before I could get a decent shot.

The Honda 70 with the IAM badge amused me, especially since the badge is a red one, denoting that it was awarded for the car test, not the bike test, which has a green badge.

My favourite of the night was the Kettle. It's obviously someone's pride and joy, beautifully looked after and a pleasure to see.

The marshals did a superb job, as usual, stopping the traffic to allow the bikes through, and making sure that everyone was neatly parked up. We only stopped for about an hour and then set off back home again.













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Trouble

Them piccies of Rivington were superb.

cheers gordon

Womble said...

Why thank you. You could have come with me and had a play in the twisties :o) They're fun in the dark...