07 June 2006

Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival

On 16 June, I'll be heading off to the Farmyard Party, one of the best bike rallies going. This morning I heard a plug on the radio for the Middlewich Folk & Boat Festival and was rather peeved to discover it's on the same weekend as the Farmyard. I was even more peeved when I made the mistake of going for a quick peek at the website and saw who's playing :o(

Michael McGoldrick - one of the finest fiddlers the UK has to offer. I could listen to him play all day. Indeed, sometimes, I do. I'm told that he taught another of my favourites, John McCusker, but I don't know if that's true or not.

CrossCurrent - I heard CrossCurrent at the Davy Lamp Folk Club back in January and was mightily impressed, especially with Damien O'Kane, a very charismatic tenor banjo player with amazing talent and a lovely smile.

Then there's the Family Mahone, already sold out, and (gasp) The Levellers, one of my favourite bands, doing an accoustic set.

It's just not fair, is it?

1 comment:

Cooldrums said...

Cross current really were good cant say I thought the banjo player was cute though.