14 June 2006

A good ride spoilt :o(

Well, I was having a great evening. Went to the Brickies Bike Club in Altrincham and had a laugh with a few mates. It's a nice cool evening and the ride home was pretty pleasant. I called in at the petrol station to fill up, so that I don't have to faff around on Friday morning before going to the Farmyard Party.

However, as I was coming back along the A6, I saw a car, about 200 yards in front of me, swerve round something in the road. As I approached, I could see it was a person, stretched out, face down in the road. I went over the other side of the road and then did a u-turn about 200 yards down and pulled over. A teenage girl ran out into the road and grabbed the person (who turned out to be another teenage girl aged about 15) and dragged her to the side o the road. The silly cow then went back out and lay down in the road again, so her friend dragged her back again. The pissed-up little dickhead then proceeded to run out in front of a car, which had to swerve round her. It was at this point that I took off my lid, got out my phone and dialled 999.

Whilst I was on the phone to the Police, she ran out in front of a further two vehicles, causing one of them to slam on and swerve, narrowly missing her. The Police said they'd send someone along to look. I took my time in putting my lid and gloves back on and then rode past her and her friend. Someone had obviously been to fetch an adult, because a man in a yellow jacket picked her up, threw her over his shoulder and started to march off, with her giggling her head off and her mate trotting along behind. I turned round again a short way up the road and headed off home, by which time the man and his inebriated cargo had disappeared. I never did see the Police, but to be fair, it was only about 3 minutes from my call.

I hope the kid has the hangover from hell in the morning and I hope her parents read her the riot act and ground her until she learns some common sense. It right spoilt my night, that did.

No comments: