02 April 2006

who's a proper biker? :p

I was up at 7:30 this morning, and out of the house by 8:20. I did a short ride today, only about 80 miles round trip, and it pissed it down the whole time. Southport had horizontal rain on the coast road, and Rainford bypass was an interesting combination of puddles, small lakes and nasty gusting side winds.

The bike was a complete bitch too, it was only running on 3 pots for a while and when number 4 kicked in at about 7k rpm, the bike surged forward like a machine possessed. I reckon I must have got water in a plug cap from yesterday's washing spree. Hurrah for WD-40!

I was rather glad to get home, cos I was getting that yakky wet feeling around the crotch that tells me that my waterproofs no longer are :o( That's more expense. Oh yeah, and I need new brake pads too.

Saying that, the brakes did me proud on the East Lancs. I didn't think I could go from 70 to 0 in the space of the two sets of lights under the M6 flyover, but somehow I managed it. I was a bit wary, given the newness of the tyres, but I should have known better. Battlaxes are damn good tyres - and they bloody well should be, given the price!

OK, so I was pisswetthrough, but I still enjoyed myself.

No comments: