09 April 2006

Sun, rain, sun, snow, sun

Well, that just about sums up today's ride.

Set off in glorious sunshine. Five miles down the road, it was raining. Met up with Dr. Pain en-route and when we got to the pub we discovered that it was just the two of us. Apparently the car drivers were having an Observers' meeting and had written to all of the Associates (including the bike ones) to tell them not to come.

Anyway, we decided to bog off up to Clitheroe in search of a big mug of hot chocolate. By the time we got there, it was starting to snow gently, and it was bloody cold. We hung around until it stopped snowing and then headed back down the A59 towards Preston, where we went our separate ways; he went home and I went off to see my Aged Ps.

At the Aged Ps house, of course the inevitable happened. "Cup of tea dear? Oh and can you have a look at my computer?" Hmmmmmph. So I spent 3 hours removing the obsolete AV/Firewall, putting new ones on, scanning the machine, installing MSN and answering silly questions. Whilst I was there, the snow came down quite heavily. It was weird, like big soft hailstones, about the size of Maltesers, but they melted really quickly.

Still, mum gave me some scones which were bloody nice, as usual. I have to say (without a hint of bias) that my mum bakes the best scones in the world. And no, Blue, I didn't bring any home, before you ask ;o)

By the time I left, the snow had gone, the sun was out and the roads were lovely and dry. The ride home was pretty good, cos I was playing with the cars again. There's a road, called Glazebrook Lane, which has a long stretch of 30mph, and it's a real pain in the arse. There's no reason why it can't be NSL, but nope, it's 30. Most people speed up to about 50 anyway, but I'm a belligerent bastard, and when I've got a car up my chuff, I'll stick to bang on 30, until I get to the GLF sign and then I, well, GLF. It really upsets them, you know. One minute they're 6 feet from my rear end, jockeying to get round me, and the next, they're washing the dust from the windscreen and I'm just a dot in the distance. Tee hee hee.

Got home and realised I'd turned the heating off - not good. So now I'm sat here in front of the fire with a mug of tea, defrosting my feet. Ahhhh, happy days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good day to me :o)

I slept through most of Sunday !!

Oz said...

You're a hooligan you know.

Womble said...

Who's a hooligan? Spike or me? Actually, I think we both are.

Anonymous said...

you are !!!