11 November 2005

Livin' the Dream

Back in April 2005 I travelled down to London with a pile of mates to see Magnum perform their 20th Anniversary of 'On a Storyteller's Night' gig at the Astoria. Those who know me, will also know that Magnum are, in my opinion, the greatest band on the planet. I've travelled all over the country to see them (and also Bob's solo tours) and I've got almost every release they've ever made.

The Astoria gig was fantastic and I was buzzing for a week afterwards. It was probably the longest set I've ever seen a single band play too (including Rush). They performed 18 numbers and didn't even look knackered afterwards and then we adjourned to the pub, where we were joined by the some of the lads from the band and crew.

The gig was filmed for Magnum's new DVD, 'Livin' the Dream', which I've had on pre-order for months. It arrived yesterday and has been played 'on repeat' pretty much ever since. I've got it on my laptop at work and have been playing it at full blast. Good job I work alone, innit? It's brought back some great memories and can't wait to see the band again in December.

Anyway, the DVD is bloody brilliant and if you haven't got it already, go and get it now!

Magnum Forever!

No comments: