27 November 2005

Anyone seen my sanity?

Our IAM session finished early today and I remembered that a friend had said that a few folk were meeting up for a pub dinner at 3pm in Ashton under Lyne, so I decided to go along. However, I had 3 hours to kill first, so I thought "Where would be a nice place for a ride? I know! The Cat and Fiddle, I've not been up there for ages".

It was at that point, that my sanity disappeared. I had a lovely ride up the A50 to Macclesfield and it started to rain a little, so I stopped and put on my waterproofs, and then continued on my merry way. When I got to Walker Barn I suddenly thought "'ere, this rain looks a bit funny. Sort of, erm, white." Ten minutes later, I knew why I hadn't seen any other bikes on this popular road. By the time I got up to the Cat and Fiddle itself, visibility was down to about 50 yards (and the misting on my visor made it worse), and I looked like a snow-womble. I pulled over for a minute to take the photo below, and managed to get a glove full of snow :o( Looking at the picture, you wouldn't guess that it was taken at 1.15pm.

However, by the time I got down into Buxton it was back to rain again, so I headed up the A6 through Dove Holes and up to Stockport, jumped on the M60 and off again at Ashton.

It only took about 3 hours for my gloves to dry out on the hot water pipes in the pub and I was actually quite warm on the way home. The Cold Killers really do work.

No comments: