26 May 2006

Bolton Iron Maiden reunion


As a Boltonian, and a rock music fan, I must hang my head in shame, because until I saw a mention on the Total Rock newsletter, I'd never heard of The Bolton Iron Maiden. I assumed that it must be an American covers band, but I clicked on it anyway, just out of interest, and I'm glad I did, cos I was wrong.

This band were performing under the name of Iron Maiden quite some time before the Iron Maiden we all know and love today, and as far as I can see, there is no link at all between the two bands. Sadly, the Bolton Iron Maiden split up after the death of their lead guitarist, Ian Boulton-Smith, and were never to be seen again...until now!

To mark the 30th anniversary of Ian's passing, the rest of the band have got back together to do a reunion gig and release a CD to raise money for Cancer Research UK and MacMillan Cancer Relief. I've had a listen to the sound clips on the website and I have to say that I love 'em! So I'll definitely be buying the CD, (but you can download tracks from the website too, at a measly 79p each) and I'm going to try to get to the Reunion Gig too, at the Soundhouse in Bolton on 23 June 2006. Oh yeah, and the current Iron Maiden have given their blessing to the project too.
Remember folks, this CD is for charity and the band aren't making any money from it at all, so anyone found copying it, or distributing it electronically without coughing up the dosh for the charities, is a total low down scrotebag and deserves to have the fleas of a thousand camels infest their crotch and their arms become too short to scratch it.

2 comments:

Cooldrums said...

Didn't they have some link to Iron Butterfly?

Womble said...

Dunno, ask them yourself. There's a contact e-mail address on their website.