03 October 2005

Wounded again :o(

I think the Gods are mocking me. First they ensure that it starts raining just as I take the flysheet off my tent at the Mabon Rally (the only bloody cloud in the sky too, you gits!). Then they make it rain for the ten minutes I was riding home from the gym (again, an otherwise clear sky), and today I was attacked by a vicious vacuum cleaner.

A mate came to stay for the weekend and The Slave engaged in a tidying-up frenzy which involved chucking everything into the cupboard under the stairs and shutting the door on the whole lot, trapping it like some coiled spring. This morning, the unsuspecting Womble opened the door, and the Dyson sprang out and twatted me on the ankle. Great, so just as the left ankle recovers from the gym incident, the right one develops a lump the size of an egg.

The Reverend has suggested that I elevate the injured part, and get a bag of frozen peas to throw at The Slave. Not a bad idea, methinks.

2 comments:

Shirl said...

Well Womble I never knew you are a rain god ;o)

Womble said...

I reckon Dizzy must have been in the area. Wherever she goes, the rain goes too. I'm thinking of getting her car sign-written with 'McKenna's All-Weather Haulage'.