06 October 2005

just bog off, will you !

For most of the week, I work alone. Totally alone. I'm the only person in the building, which means I can work the way I want to, and I have a nice little routine going on here which means I get all my work done in a relatively efficient manner.

I love working alone. I can listen to Beswick on the radio and e-mail him the occasional pithy comment, I can watch the news on the telly and I can choose when, where and if I'm going to have my dinner. That's 'dinner', Beswick, not 'lunch' ;o)

However, there's one little blot on this lovely landscape. Someone who is involved in the management of the building we rent seems to think that because I'm alone, I must be lonely, and therefore must appreciate being interrupted on a regular basis. I don't. I don't want checking up on, I'm very happy on my own and, in truth, I'm quite an anti-social owd git. This is my place of work and not a social drop-in. I don't have time to sit and gossip about people I 1. don't know and 2. don't care about.

So, Someone, you know who you are. Just because you have a key to the building doesn't give you the right to keep walking into my office. If you need to see me about something work-related, please make an appointment like everyone else has to. Otherwise, please leave me in peace to get on with my work.

No comments: