12 December 2005

Mostly Autumn

There's something about Bryan Josh's guitar playing that transports me to a different place. I can just close my eyes and float away on the music. It's reminicent of Dave Gilmour, but played with a passion that is most definitely Bryan's own. I don't know if he saw me at the foot of the stage, but I was the one standing there with my jaw on the floor, completely blown away.

I saw Mostly Autumn live for the first time at Burnley Mechanics last Thursday and I was almost in heaven. I just couldn't understand why the venue was only half full, because this band is one of the best on the circuit at the moment.

The support act for the night was provided by Chris Johnson (Evernauts) and Olivia Sparnenn, who make a great duo. Olivia has a fantastic voice (although most of the blokes seemed to be more interested in her bod than her voice!) and I suspect that she'll be a huge star in the near future

No comments: