14 December 2005

Magnum


















There appears to be an affliction, affecting drummers and keyboard players - they keep hiding, which makes it damned hard to get good photos of them in action. This was evident at the Lost Weekend gig last week, and again at both of the Magnum gigs on Friday (Manchester) and Saturday (Glasgow).

Both Magnum gigs were superb, although I thought the sound was better at Glasgow. At both gigs, I managed to get myself right to the front, although it was a bit of a crush. Ray (doing the Tommy Cooper impression in the photos) came up with a great plan to wind up Bob, and we bought a load of tambourines to play along with one of the songs. I think it went down well, it certainly caused a giggle among the band anyway.

I was pleased to hear Bob suggesting that Jimmy Copley will remain as the band's drummer because he certainly put in two excellent performances on this tour. Indeed, when he played at the Astoria back in April, he was bloody good then. I know there's a few people said that they would rather have Mickey or Harry, but in my opinion, Jimmy is a damn fine drummer and I think he's good for the band. Keep it up, Jimmy and I hope to see you on the next tour.

After the gig, we went for a drink or four in Weatherspoons, where the bouncers asked us very nicely not to play our tambourines cos it's a 'no music' venue. Shame. Then we went on for a curry before heading off to our beds. It was great to see old friends again, and to meet some new ones (hi Hazel!). Can't wait until we meet again - Bob Catley tour anyone?

Oh yeah, nice tongue Dave ;o)

No comments: