23 January 2006

Wikipedia

The Wikipedia is a dangerous and addictive place. Once there, I have great difficulty in getting out. When I was a kid, I'd go to look up a word in the dictionary and, whilst there, another word would catch my eye and I'd read that definition too. So imagine what the Wikipedia is doing to me!

Having bought a Marillion DVD this weekend, I decided to look up Marillion in the Wikipedia. From there, I followed links to Fish and Prog Rock. From Fish, I was led to the artist Mark Wilkinson and then on to surrealism. From Prog Rock, I was led to King Crimson, IQ, Mostly Autumn, a list of prog musicians, a list of pop music based on existing classical music, prog metal, and a list of songs over 15 mins in length.

See what I mean. Once you're in, you're there for ages.

No comments: