29 January 2006

Very Pissed Off

At 8.30 this morning, I lost the bike on a patch of ice at the end of my street. So there I was, lying in the middle of the road, pinned down by about 34 stone (or 480 lbs for the foreigners) of Kawasaki, right leg trapped under the exhaust pipe, when this car comes up behind me, and slowly drives round me and then fuxoff! Bastards!

Anyway, I lay there for a minute thinking 'oh bugger'. Then I realised that I was in danger of some myopic twat running over my head, so I managed to use my left leg to lever the bike up enough to get my right leg out and I sat in the road, trying to decide whether or not I'd bust me ankle. I decided I hadn't and stood up. Feck! It hurt. A lot.

Anyway, I tried to pick the bike up and discovered that I'd wrenched me shoulder too :( That and the full petrol tank meant I couldn't shift it, so I stood there and sulked until a nice young man came along and helped me to pick it up and push it to the side of the road. I stood there and sulked for another few mins and then thought "Womble, pull yerself together, no point in just standing here like a berk". So I picked up all the bits of broken indicator and checked over the rest of the bike. Only minor scuffing, thank God. The exhaust and bodywork was well protected by my leg.

Anyway, I got back on it, started it and it backfired like a good 'un and I rode it home, shoved it in the garage and went in to lick my wounds (metaphorically speaking).

I've got a huge lump on my right leg and it aches like hell, and my shoulder is pretty sore too. I've got loads of bruises all over my legs, but I'm not sure which of those are from Muay Thai training yesterday. The lump hasn't bruised ... yet. I think it'll be a cracker.

Anyway, I've been sulking all day and I could really do with a bottle of wine, so I think a trip to the co-op might be in order. Chocolate sounds good too.

Please feel free to give me loads of attention and send lots of sympathy. I'll milk it for all it's worth.

3 comments:

Stock Up On Canned Goods said...

I offer my condolences.

Anonymous said...

Bloody hell girl! Are you ok? Give me a call when you get the chance, Deb

Sam said...

Er...ouch. Have you seen this yet?