20 April 2020

Three and a half years

Blimey, three and a half years since I last posted.  That's a bit poor.  I'm so busy that I haven't even had time to rant about things.  Oh well, here's a short digest from the past week:


  • I hate working from home.
  • My oven blew up.
  • My glass top of my hob broke.  Actually it broke ages ago but I've been struggling away with it and it's only because the oven blew up that I finally got round to replacing it.
  • AO charges £100 per item for installation, but won't disconnect the old ones - the local electrician charges £40 for the lot.  Support your local tradesman!
  • Why do electrical appliance suppliers advertise free delivery, but then when you buy the items you have to pay £30 for delivery because the free delivery is only on a Saturday?
  • After bragging to the electrician that I've never had to rewire a fuse in this house, the lighting fuse blew when we removed the dead light bulb from the outside lamp.  At least that's one job I can do myself.
  • Why does my neighbour's car have such a loud exhaust and why does he have to leave the house at 5:30 every morning and wake up the whole sodding street?  (No, he's not a shift worker - he's self-employed)
  • My garage door is broken so I can't get my bike out, not that I'm allowed to ride it anywhere under lockdown anyway.
  • My shower leaks again.  I've only had it re-sealed 5 times so far.  Another job for later today, then.
  • Lockdown has made me realise just how many DIY jobs I've been putting off.
  • Lockdown doesn't mean anything to one of my neighbours who has had people coming and going almost every day, landscaping the garden, using cement mixers and disc cutters and annoying everyone with their loud radio playing shit pop music.
  • The Government.  There's so many things right now that are so wrong that I don't have the energy to list them.

No comments: