05 November 2005

Tomatoes are Evil

On Thursday, owing to the stupidity of a foreign waitress in a crap café in Canterbury, I accidentally managed to eat a microscopic amount of tomato, and have been feeling shit ever since. Why is it that when I tell people that I am allergic to tomato, they seem to think it won't matter if they peel it off my plate and serve it up as though it was never there. I don't think I can make it much clearer than "I'm allergic to tomatoes and I will be very very sick if I eat anything which has even touched a tomato."

If it was a nut allergy, I'd be dead by now. Why can't people just listen? It's no bloody wonder that I rarely eat out. The Slave (now ex-Slave) soon learned the hard way about not cutting tomatoes on the bread board.

Anyway, I knew within ten minutes that I'd eaten some, cos I was soon ralphing for Britain and my guts felt and sounded like a coffee percolator. Two days on and I'm still struggling to keep food down and I won't even begin to describe what's happening down at the other end. Suffice to say, it's not pleasant. If that's what a bit of tomato juice does, God help me if I ever eat a big piece. I once ate a piece about half a centimetre square, and threw up for 6 days. Effective way of losing weight, but I wouldn't recommend it.

No comments: